Friday, April 25, 2008

Good Food

Kristin Ellis and I hardly know each other. We met at her parents' home in Ann Arbor, and have spoken to each other only a handful of times. We have many of the same friends, and her family happens to be one of our favorites from Ann Arbor. Notwithstanding our limited interaction, this girl has changed our lives for good here in the Osguthorpe home. While I enjoy reading her blog (especially this entry) I LOVE trying new recipes from Recetas, her recipe blog. We have probably tried over half of the ones listed on this site since Trenton was born, and I am a fan of every single one. A few nights ago we tried the Bruschetta Chicken Bake. It was yummy, and it only took me about 5 minutes to make--upping the "yumminess" factor 100 percent! My other faves are the Chicken Florentine, Southwest Chicken Pockets and salsa, and the Honey Glazed Chicken. So, thank you Kirsten for improving the quality of our family's dinner. And, I'm sure, considering our good taste in food, family, and friends, we could have been great friends!

Bruschetta Chicken Bake

1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1/2 cup water or chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ lb. chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Place tomatoes in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix, water and garlic; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside.
PLACE chicken (I brown my chicken first) in 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with the basil and cheese. Top with stuffing mixture.
BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through.

5 comments:

Jana said...

Yeah, Kristin does have some WONDERFUL recipes. I will be trying that chicken bruschetta this week.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Long time no see or talk...that is why I love this blog stuff! Your family is beautiful and growing fast.
Anyway, the great thing about the chicken bruschetta is that my 12 and 15 year old can make it! Easy!
And now that we have Kristen back in AA I am hoping I can get a few extra recipes!

Tanya said...

That recipe was in the Kraft magazine (you get that, don't you) last winter. It is good and easy indeed. Anyway, most of those Kraft dinners are super quick and pretty tasty. Keep posting good, easy dinners!! I hate the dinner-time rut.

Lisa said...

I'm laughing at all you "cookers," I love that recipes can be so exciting! : )

EFN Newsletter said...

Honored doesn't quite express just how pleased I am to get the shout out. Thanks Gwen. I'm going to post a new recipe now, just for you.