Thursday was the last day of school! Here is a picture of the girls before their marathon of a last day....
Olivia has begun a tradition of choosing fabric for a special quilt we make together for her teacher. Can you tell that Mrs. Dunne likes purple? We also found some "Olivia" fabric and added a patch on the corner so that Mrs. Dunne will always remember Olivia....
Lola chose to make yummy s'mores cookies for her teachers. She helped make them and did a great job eating the cookie dough, too! :-)
Mrs. Dunne loved her quilt...and Olivia was very sad to say goodbye to her WONDERFUL first grade teacher!
After celebrating a year of great learning with milkshakes after school, we got ready for the 3rd Annual Osguthorpe Bike Race. Olivia thought of this idea the summer before her kindergarten year, and we happened to hold it, unknowingly, on the last day of school. The date stuck, even though the race route has changed as these kiddos get bigger (and so do their bikes!). Olivia added a run to this year's race as well...quite the competition. We had fun visiting with the neighbors, and even had some neighbors who've moved away return for the race. It was a perfect way to kick off the fun summer ahead!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Last Day of School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Gwen, I love how talented and creative you are! Looks like you guys are doing great!
I love the quilt! And who doesn't love purple.
Gwen - your kids are so cute, I love to get all updated from your blog.
Ok, how come you are so on top of everything!! I mean, making quilts and cute teacher gifts when you just had a baby a few months ago. I'm still using the excuse "My baby is too young" to do anything! You are a superstar mom!!
Post a Comment