Our little buddy has croup. The problem is that it's hard to tell when this guy is sick, because he smiles like this at us all the time! He woke up Sunday morning with a little bark, but gave Rich and I this smile, so we figured he was fine. Rich headed off to early meetings and the kiddos and I had breakfast and got ready for church. Rich met us just before the meeting began, and I passed Trenton off and made my way to the stand to give a talk. Halfway through my talk, Rich was in the back of the chapel, trying to get my attention so that I could meet him in the foyer when I finished. The choir members got up to sing as I finished, so I gracefully took my exit, walked out to the hallway, and took Trenton straight to the hospital. After a breathing treatment, a steroid shot, and some very uncomfortable x-ray positions, he is doing much better. This was our first experience with croup, and I'd be very happy if it is also our last. (So would Rich...this is night #2 for him on Trenton's floor!)
Monday, September 15, 2008
No Fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hudson had it three times, I didn't sleep for a week each time. It is scary stuff... only because you feel completely helpless. I am glad they gave him steroids... I think that they should just give it to the kids every time. I hate the " well I don't know... just watch him" answer from doctors.
He is so adorable. I'm sorry to hear he has been sick. THat little smile is too cute!
Oh my word, first off you should not have to give a talk before your baby is 1...you still dont' think straight. secondly, croup is so not fun but he is so cute. Rich on floor...lol Mark does that ALL the time too. Happy to be back reading your blog. thanks.
Post a Comment