Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ni Hao

On Friday, Rich will leave for a conference in Beijing. Since we knew that he would be going a few months ago, Rich has been learning and teaching the girls a few things to say in Chinese--the full extent being:
"Hi my name is..."
What is your name?
Do you speak English?"
Surprisingly, the answer is "yes" every time. Still not sure what Rich will say when the answer is "no." Anywho, with all the girls are learning about the Chinese language, we are most excited about Lola's progress with the English language! She started with a new speech teacher last month, and the change in her speech is miraculous. She is really motivated to practice, and has improved her "s" and "l" sounds in very positive ways.

While Rich is away, we are heading to Utah to stay at his parents home for the week. My sister Jen is coming up from Colorado, and we're looking forward to being together and letting the girls play to their hearts' content. There are also some Utah cousins the girls are dying to see! I'm a little anxious about the drive down to Provo by myself with the three kiddos, but I can do anything for 6 hours, right? Right??

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

I would LOVE to see you if you get a free minute, yet I know how crazy things get when visiting family, so no worries if it doesn't work!