Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving Visitors

My parents came to visit us for Thanksgiving this year. It was wonderful! It was great to not travel, to have the children sleeping in their own beds, and to just enjoy having my parents visit us in our home. We decided to go out to dinner the night before Thanksgiving to "properly" stretch our stomachs! :-) Livi and Lola wanted to come along, so we got a sitter for Trenton who was already asleep, and headed out. The girls loved their date with the grandparents, and we ate some yummy food. Lola was too cold by the end, and figured out that she could take full advantage of our visitors by being "spoon-fed." This girl knows how to work the system! :-) I think she's also wearing her Grandma's coat...
Thanksgiving Day was great! We tried some new recipes for the mashed potatoes and the turkey itself. I was nervous about trying them out on such an important food day, but Pioneer Woman did not disappoint. :-) After dinner, we went bowling and then came home to four pies...I think Rich ate two and a half all by himself!
Our California Grandpa was not used to the cold here in Idaho, so Lola took care of him all weekend, tucking him in blankets when needed, to be sure his stay here was as comfortable as she could make it. She'd like for them to return as quickly as possible. We all feel the same way!

4 comments:

brooke said...

Your parents are awesome! Glad to see you had such a nice visit from them. Kids do know how to work grandparents--I love the picture of Lola being spoon fed!

Carolyn Hansen said...

I too tried Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes and gravy. Deeelicious! So good to see those pics of your parents too. Now, when can we see YOU in person?

A Beautiful Life said...

awwwww! great to see your parents, i know how nice it is when parents come to visit, luckily i'm surrounded by my great in-laws but so nice to see your own parents! looks like you had a great thanksgiving!

Jamie Harker said...

Looks like a fun trip! Your parents are still soo cute! :) Tell them I said hi!