Friday, June 11, 2010

Capitol Classic



One of our favorite family traditions here in Boise has become the Capitol Classic. It is a one mile children's race in downtown Boise, always on the Saturday after the last day of school in June. Olivia decided to ditch Dad this year and run with friends from school. Lola ran with Rich, and fell down about half way through the race. Rich spent the rest of the race convincing her that she could make it, and that her skinned knee would be okay. She finished with this look of concerned determination on her face! :-) Of course, ten minutes after she received her finisher's medal, she announced that this was "the best day ever!" Love that girl...

3 comments:

A Beautiful Life said...

your kids are so cute, hooray for school being out! I didn't even know you were prego!! Do you know what you're having?? And the same time as Jennifer! how cool, does she know what she's having?? congrats to you both!

brooke said...

I'm so glad it's finally summer too! No more carpool! What a fun tradition with the race. I look like Lola every time I run a race and I don't even fall down. That's awesome that she finished!

gwen said...

Hillary--Jen is due just 10 days after me...we're both having boys!

Brooke--whatever...I know you hit the treadmill way more often than I do...here's to a few more weeks off before hitting the pavement again! At least this is the last time we have to take the weight off, right??!!:-)