Henry Douglas Osguthorpe arrived Tuesday, July 13, at 3:22pm. We couldn't be more excited. Grandma Jones flew into town on Saturday, so the last piece of the puzzle was in place, and I decided it was time to have this baby! :-) I went to the Dr. Monday afternoon, hoping he could do something to put me into labor, despite my July 23 due date! I had a few contractions that night, but they stopped before I fell asleep, much to my disappointment! The next morning, we had planned to take the children to the Discovery Center, so we got ready and headed out. We went to the park first, and the contractions became pretty regular there. By the time we got to the Discovery Center, they were getting stronger and about 5 minutes apart. After about an hour, I called the hospital, and then called Rich to come get me, as he was at his office, just 5 minutes away. We said goodbye to the children and Grandma, and headed to the hospital. We spent a few hours in triage, waiting for a bed in labor and delivery. I walked around when I could, while Rich finished his grading and record speed, which happened to be due that day..thank goodness for wifi! We were admitted at about 12:30, and Henry arrived just a few hours later.
He weighed 7 lbs 22oz and was 20 inches long. He managed a 9 and 10 for his Apgars...something the pediatrician told me later is reserved only for children of pediatricians! :-) It's always a relief to find a perfectly healthy baby...and Henry fits the bill.
Grandma and the children visited us that evening to meet the newest addition to the family. The girls were impressed with Henry's nose, toes, fingers, and just about everything else. Trenton, on the other hand, really liked the curtain that he could move around the room, the pipes under the sink, and the way he could make me sit up or lay down just by the push of a button on my bed!

We were able to come home Wednesday afternoon. It was a really a smooth delivery...now we're hoping for a smooth transition to four (yes, four!) children! Wish us luck!
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Henry is Here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Congrats! He is absolutely adorable and perfect! You look way too good for just having a baby. I'm so glad everything went well. It sounds like the perfect delivery. Good luck with the craziness that is sure to come!
Looks like we need to update this blog design! Glad everything went smoothly. Love his name.
oh gweneth, he is adorbale! hope things are going as good as can be expected (4 was the kicker for me I must admit)so glad everythign went smoothly and that he is HEALTHY!!!! wish i was there to get my hands on him. love ya.
Congratulations! He looks like another really good one. What a lucky kid to come to your family!
Congrats! What fun to bring another Osguthorpe into the world! And he was born on Clark's birthday! :)
I had to come to your blog to get the full story!! He is too adorable...Hopefully you are getting some rest!
I am so happy for you guys! Looks like you guys are even... he is a handsome little man.
We, too, are excited to see you in October.
Post a Comment