Saturday, January 22, 2011

Maple Bars



Rich has this theory about maple bars...that people always buy them, but nobody really likes them. He believes this because he says that if you see a box of donuts in the morning, chances are that by the end of the day, the only donut left is a maple bar. So Rich basically refuses to buy maple donuts. Katie came to visit this weekend, and she LOVES maple donuts. She mentioned Rich's theory to her students and they ended up signing a petition to say that if given a dozen assorted donuts, they would choose maple. She brought the petition to Rich. That morning we got donuts, and Rich even bought a maple donut for Katie. That evening, as we were cleaning up, I noticed Rich taking pictures of the counter...and this is what he found--a lonely maple donut!

1 comment:

Baxter's said...

Rich would LOVE the maple bar at our local Days Market here. It is a maple bar...with slabs of bacon on it. Seriously. I can't even walk by the donut window now because I am pregnant and I am pretty sure the sight of it would make me throw up. And to add to his theory...they are always there at the end of the day. Unfortunately not all of them...so someone somewhere is eating these things. Gross.