So, while posting my first blog, I had NO idea I would have a baby one short week later! Trenton Issac was born Tuesday, January 22...almost four weeks early. He weighed 5 lbs 11 oz. and was 20 inches long.
I had my 36 week checkup that day, so Rich and I met early to tour the hospital and find out where we needed to go once I went into labor. We walked around the hospital for about 10 minutes and then headed to my checkup. The doctor was running late, so Rich ended up having to go pick up the girls from school before the doctor saw me. Just a few minutes later, I was called back and the doctor informed me that I was measuring the same as I did 2 weeks before. We did an ultrasound and discovered that the baby was measuring right on target, but that my amniotic fluid levels were very low. The doctor decided it was best to induce labor right away. I called Rich and had him make arrangements for the girls for the night, and then head over to the hospital. He thought I was joking!! Eventually he believed me and we met up at the hospital, after the doctor walked me over from his office across the street.
They started me on Pitossin, then administered the epidural right away, so it was close to a pain free labor...very nice! We finished SportsCenter at 10pm and Trenton was born about 30 minutes later...a very simple, problem-free delivery--a first for us! Our biggest problem was that Trenton was 4 weeks early and we had yet to decide on a name! Almost 24 hours later, we decided on the name Trenton Isaac.
The girls were excited to see their new little brother, and I think, just as excited to see Grandma! She arrived the day after Trenton was born and stayed with us for about 10 days. We were sad to see her go, as we knew that reality would set in right away. Luckily, things have gone quite smoothly..if only we could get a little more sleep at night! :-)
Monday, February 11, 2008
Baby Trenton is here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Simple, pain-free, problem-free delivery...sounds like a dream! He is so cute and I can't wait to see him in person. Hope you guys are getting good sleep or will soon. I'm excited to keep up more with you via the blogging world now.
I am glad to hear that everything went well. It make you actually enjoy your time in the hospital since that you don't have so many negative feelings about labor!! :) Congrats!!!
Post a Comment