As I was preparing for today, I realized that we have started some pretty fun traditions around our house for Valentine's Day. We start the morning, bright and early, with a scavenger hunt. The girls find clues leading them throughout the house and finally to their valentines from Mom and Dad. It's so fun to hear their giggles as they figure out where to go next and find another clue.
For Valentine's dinner, we have a heart-shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's (I don't cook on Valentine's Day!), red Jello, red juice, and a salad with red peppers. For dessert, we have chocolate fondue. The girls had so much fun planning the dinner this year and thinking of all the red foods to use (as well as what to dip in the fondue!). As they grow older, traditions become more and more fun, because they actually remember years past, and take part in the planning of the coming celebration. Enjoy your Valentine's Day!
Writers Note: Rich and I celebrate our anniversary just a few days from now, hence the kid-centered theme for today! :-)
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Happy Valentine's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am such a lame mom and didn't do anything. In fact, I forgot to give the boys their valentine's so we did it the next day. Next year I am doing what you did,. I love it.
Post a Comment