Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day


We took the "Castlerock Loop" hike on Monday. It was a perfect day--sunny but not too hot with a light breeze. The girls had a great time...Olivia loved being the leader and would often stop to let us know what was up ahead. Lola has turned into a super hiker--Rich and I kept looking at each other with amazement at how well she kept up, and without a single complaint! Trenton was happy in the Bjorn--he slept most of the time. We've found our new favorite summer activity!

6 comments:

tennille said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad you finally updated your blog! :) It was good talking to you today. Your family is so cute! I wish we lived closer.

Hubers said...

So fun!! I wish we had mountains, or even hills in Iowa!

Tanya said...

We are big hiking lovers as well! It's a great family activity.

Jana said...

How do you hike with a 2 year old and one year old? We bought a big back pack thing, but do I just make Noah tough it out? I am all for that. It looks so fun!!!!

Harris Family said...

I can't believe how much your family has grown! I don't even recognize your children-i guess that happens when i don't see them for 5 years or however long it has been! You all look great-that new little guy is adorable!

An said...

I can see my home church building in the background in this last picture :) You are hiking in all of my family's favorite haunts!