I can't believe we have a seven-year-old! On, Monday, Rich and I asked Olivia what she'd like to do for her birthday on Thursday. She said "after my birthday party with my friends, I want to go rafting down the river with you and then have spaghetti and meatballs for dinner." We had not planned a "friend" party, so that took us by surprise. But, of course, Liv remembered that she had a family party last year, and this was her year! So we quickly made up invitations and delivered them to three of her neighborhood friends. Then we came up with some games and a cake design for her "horse party".We bobbed for apples, had a "barrel-racing" obstacle course, "roped" a horse, and had a horse round-up. It was cute and fun and very low-key...just our style. It's always fun for Rich and I to see Olivia interacting with her friends.
After the party, we got ready for another rafting trip down the Boise river. The girls and Rich had a great time floating the river while Trenton and I drove the drop-off and pick-up car. In Rich's words, "If it wasn't considered child abuse..." Trenton and I would have gone down with them too! I really missed out! We came home and made a yummy pasta dinner and celebrated our sweet, happy, fun little seven-year-old. We sure love our Livi!
P.S. I should also write that Olivia got a new bike for her birthday, as she has outgrown her other one, but I think that the Army ranger dress-up set she got from her friend rivals the bike! She's been running around the house dressed in full ranger gear, including a helmet, night-vision goggles, grenades, and what Rich has dubbed a "wood-carving knife"....such a funny little girl!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Olivia is Seven!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my!!! She's seven!!!! I love the horse cake and the cowgirl party! Cute pics.
Know what I love about the first picture?! Your daughter at age 7 totally rockin' a Blue BMX bike! Sweet! When I was 7 I was begging for that ugly pink Huffy I rode around. Good choice on the TUFF bike!
Post a Comment