


Last year, my sisters and I decided that it would be great to start having a yearly "Jones Girls' Weekend." After some discussion of where we'd like to go, we realized it would be fun to take Mom to places she had never been, but really wanted to see. So, we had Mom make a list of the top ten places she'd like to go, and then, each year, we're just going to knock one off the list. Our first weekend together was in Washington, D.C., in May. We had such a great time. We saw everything on our list (and more!) and walked about 10 miles a day to get it all in! It was so fun just spending time with my sisters and Mom...something that we rarely do at this stage in life. I feel so blessed to have such a great family. We also got to visit Aaron and Steph's family, spending the morning at Eastern Market with them and then Sunday at their home. It was a wonderful trip, and I can't wait for next year!
This is kind of morbid, but so funny. We found a grave marked Catherine Jones at Arlington, and talked Mom into taking a picture with it. She refused to lay down near the marker, this is the best we could do. :-)
Friday, June 26, 2009
DC Girls' Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You look better in that shirt than I do. The neck on mine is now way big and I have Gs hanging out all over the place.
Post a Comment