Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sewing (i.e. Shopping) Weekend

Last Thursday, two of my very favorite people came up to Boise for a girls' weekend. We called it a Sewing weekend, each bringing projects we hoped to finish in the few days we had together, but we also ended up spending an equal amount of time (and a bit more money) shopping! It was so fun to get together with Tanya and Carly again and catch up on our lives. So much has changed since we all met in Ann Arbor. It's fun to be with them because we can so easily pick up where we left off.Not only did the talented Carly help Tanya and I with our sewing, but she helped us pick out new shades of eye makeup at Sephora, and then taught us how to use it too. We needed her help! :-) We had some yummy meals, Carly and Tanya finished some really cute skirts, and I cut up all my fabric scraps to make a quilt and get rid of my stash of fabric. Carly brought up some cute jean fabric too, that I finally sewed into skirt...now I just need some boots to go with it!

5 comments:

Jamie Harker said...

Your friend Tanya - did she go to BYU? I swear she looks like this girl I knew there. If her maiden name is Haws (spelling?) I do, in fact, know her. I'm jealous of your sewing talent! I can barely thread the bobbin (is that even the right term?) on my machine. haha.

Angie said...

Cute skirt. I am in the middle of sewing halloween costumes. I hope I get them all finished. It was so great to talk with you today.

gwen said...

Jamie, yes that's Tanya Haws. I met her in Ann Arbor MI...how did you know her at BYU? SMALL WORLD!?!?

Carly said...

Love the skirt. I still need to make time to do mine!

Jamie Harker said...

SO CRAZY! I worked with her in the Student Employment Center on campus my Freshman year. She's HILARIOUS! Tell her I said hi! :) It is a small world.